Dear Fellow Members, Guests, and Friends of the Pacific Rod & Gun Club:
While we have recently signed a two year lease with our landlord, the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC), we urge you to keep up the efforts and continue to support the Club by contacting the City officials listed below. We still have a long way to go to secure and ensure our long term existence at Lake Merced, and need all the help we can get. Please reiterate your support for the Pacific Rod & Gun Club’s long term future existence on Lake Merced and the SFPUC’s reasonable consideration to allow the PRGC to occupy the site for years to come.
In addition, below are a few facts about the Club:
- In operation on Lake Merced since 1934
- All volunteer group
- 501c(4) non-profit organization
- Public recreational facility. Open to everyone.
- Offers private and group lessons in shotgun safety, trap, skeet, and five-stand sporting clays.
- Provides a meeting venue for numerous local groups and events.
- ONLY Olympic skeet field and training facility within 40 miles.
- ONLY venue in the San Francisco city limits that offers Hunter’s Education classes (mandatory to purchase a California Hunting License).
- Requires NO taxpayer or ratepayer subsidies. Fully self-sufficient.
- Shoots only non-toxic shot and biodegradable clay targets.
- The last facility of its kind in a major metropolitan area.
Thanking you in advance,
2013 PRGC President
2) Harlan Kelly
San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
525 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, Ca. 94103
tel- 415- 554-3155